Monday, October 11, 2010

The Owl and The Sparrow.

This is my fable I wrote for my CW class, it's my first so please tell me what ya think of it.



    There was once a Sparrow who thought himself so needy he began to steal food from his neighbor. An Owl flew by one day and observed the Sparrow at his underhanded task. Curious at the Sparrow's actions he flew over and nested beside him.
     “Good day sir Sparrow, might I ask why you are stealing food from your neighbor in such a time of abundance?”
The Sparrow set his ill-gotten food aside to answer the Owl.
    “My neighbor hordes much more food then needed. In fact, he only has one hatchling while I have three! I do my chicks a service by not leaving them unattended for so long, and my neighbor doesn't even notice that the food is gone he has so much.” stated the Sparrow in a defensive tone.
    “Why indeed it does sound like a wise line of thinking, however could you yourself bear to lose one of your chicks I took unnoticed so that I may return to my hatchlings sooner?” The Owl asked as if it were a normal request.
        The Sparrow leaped up and down and fluttered his wings in astonishment and aghast. “You wish to feed one of my chicks to yours? That's murder!”
    “Is it? I merely wish to get home sooner like you are, and you have so many, how would you know?” The Owl spoke in a calm and correcting voice.
    “I- well..you see...” Stammered the Sparrow, keen on leaving the Owl's presence at the first opportunity that arose.
“ I can tell you see the fault in this line of thinking, I suggest you go home and reconsider your philosophy.” and with that the Owl took off leaving the Sparrow to mend his ways.
                                      The ends don't justify the means.

No comments:

Post a Comment